We arrived in Singapore with our eyes already set on the largest Hilton Hotel in Asia Pacific: the Hilton Singapore Orchard. We heard a lot of great things about this hotel, and were eager to see for ourselves what all the fuss was about!
Review of the King Panoramic Room
To our delight, our room was upgraded from a twin deluxe room to Level 33, which turned out to be a King Panoramic Room.
It was spacious and cozy with botanical-inspired elements that looks even more calming under natural light. The monochromatic color-scheme might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it catches on and offers no distraction.
We didn't need it for this trip, but we were able to confirm that bigger families can book connecting rooms to make the most of their stay, or get an extra bed for a child. Back to the amenities, the room definitely gives off a modern feel, particularly the motion-sensor controlled lighting and air-conditioning system.
Thanks to the upgrade we also got to enjoy a bigger 55-inch LED TV and a complimentary Nespresso coffee machine. We were expecting a bath tub, but only found a walk-in rain shower in our unit, though the marble bathroom is remarkably roomy and quite elegant. On the backdrop, we had a decent view of Marina Bay and an excellent supply of natural daylight throughout our stay.
Hilton Singapore Orchard Features and Highlights
There are plenty of ways to enjoy your stay in Singapore, but retail therapy has always been our guilty pleasure. Situated along Orchard Road, Hilton Singapore Orchard offers great access to shopping districts, dining options and you name it.
The catch, in this case, is that the hotel itself is worth exploring and offers an array of experiences on its own. It's no wonder that it's also becoming a staycation fixture for locals.
Connecting Rooms Available
Connecting rooms are available at Hilton Singapore Orchard and such arrangements can be confirmed at the time of reservation.
Attached to Mandarin Gallery
You don't have to go far to enjoy the finest things in Orchard Road since the hotel is connected to the Mandarin Gallery which is more than just a shopping complex since it's also home to some MICHELIN rated restaurants such as Béni, which serves French cuisine with a Japanese twist, and La D'Oro with its signature Japanese-Italian fusion.
The hotel also has its own exquisite on-site dining options including the MICHELIN rated Shisen Haten (Szechuan cuisine), the award-winning Chatterbox for casual dining and Osteria Mozza, which serves Italian classics from its original MICHELIN starred outpost in California.
There's also the dynamic, botanical-inspired Ginger.Lily Bar and Lounge offers Nikkei-inspired afternoon tea, artisanal cakes and craft cocktails at different hours of the day. Meanwhile, a children’s menu is available at both Chatterbox and Shisen Hanten. Estate, which offers all-day dining buffet, also has its own kid's corner.
Standard On-site Amenities
If you wish to unwind within the hotel, the following amenities are also available:
- Outdoor pool, small swimming pool
- Kids service menu (family-friendly activities)
- Exclusive Mandarin Gallery shopping privileges
- Fitness center, there is one in Orchard Wing at Mandarin Wing (Level 6) opposite the Executive Lounge
- Eco-friendly guest experience with energy-efficient room technology
You'll also definitely get the usual ones like concierge, room service, parking, etc.
There are also a great deal of accessible amenities and public facilities for persons with impairment or disability such as braille elevators, visual alarms, wheelchair ramps and accessible rooms, among others.
It's worth noting that guests with Hilton Honors Diamond status or staying in an eligible room can also access the impeccable Executive Lounge that occupies most of the hotel's sixth floor. Overall, there was nothing lacking that stood out for us except an in-house spa.
Rooms and Suites at the Hilton Singapore Orchard
It was just an extended weekend for us but we were satisfied with our King Panoramic Room. In any case, we learned that all rooms are now botanical-inspired and equipped with modern amenities. An upgrade should give you additional space and more of the latter. We've also listed an overview below:
- Twin Deluxe Rooms (34 sq.m) - WiFi, 49-inch LED TV, double-sink vanities, bath-tub and shower.
- Twin Premium Room and King Premium Room (29 sq.m) - WiFi, 55-inch LED TV, Nespresso coffeemachine, separate bathtub and shower, minibar.
- King Premium City View Room and Twin Premium City View Room (29 sq.m) - WiFi, 55-inch TV, city views, Nespresso coffee machine, separate bathtub and shower, mini bar.
- King Deluxe City View Room and Twin Deluxe City View Room (34 sq.m) - city views, 55-inch LED TV, Nespresso coffee machine, sofa bed/ chaise lounge, double-sink vanities, walk-in rain shower.
- King Executive Room and Twin Executive Room (29 sq.m) - high floor, Executive Lounge access, city views, Nespresso coffee machine, separate bathtub and walk-in rain shower.
- King Panoramic Room (34 sq.m) - highest floors, panoramic city views, WiFi, 55-inch TV, sofa bed, Nespresso coffee machine, double-sink vanities, walk-in rain shower.
- King Corner Suite (49 sq.m) - Nespresso coffee machine, Executive Lounge access, separate bathtub and walk-in rain shower.
- King One Bedroom Suite (56 sq.m) - high floor, Executive Lounge access, separate living room, walk-in wardrobe, dressing table, Nespresso coffee machine, separate bath tub and walk-in rain shower.
- King Premium Suite (70 sq.m) - separate living room, sofa bed, city views, Nespresso coffee machine, Executive Lounge access, separate bath tub and walk-in rain shower, separate guest bathroom.
- King Executive Suite (70 sq.m) - high floor, separate living room, bedside dressing table, city views, Nespresso coffee machine, Executive Lounge access, Nespresso coffee machine, separate guest bathroom.
- Two Bedroom Suite (99 sq.m) - accommodates up to 5 adults, two bedrooms - king and twin bedded, separate living room, sofa bed, two bathrooms and one junior bathroom, three TVs, Nespresso coffee machines, city views.
- King Deluxe Room (34 sq.m) - WiFi, 49-inch LED TV, double-sink vanities, bath-tub and shower.
- Twin Panoramic Room (34 sq.m) - Level 35, panoramic city views, WiFi, 55-inch TV, Nespresso coffee machine, double-sink vanities, walk-in rain shower.
- King Deluxe Suite (67 sq.m) - Level 35, separate living room, panoramic city views, Nespresso coffee machine, powder room with toilet, separate bath tub and walk-in rain shower, Executive Lounge access.
- King Accessible Room (34 sq.m) - accessible, WiFi, 49-inch TV.
- King Presidential Suite (154 sq.m) - expansive living room, dining room, high floor, city views.
The Hilton Singapore Orchard Executive Lounge Access
The Hilton Singapore Orchard Executive Lounge at the Mandarin Wing, Level 6 is available to all Diamond members and guests staying in executive level rooms and above. Guests are provided with breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes.
The lounge is divided into different zones or seating areas that range from dining, to casual and communal worktops. The only downside to the experience is that the lounge offers no semblance of orientation upon entry, which means you'll have to figure out everything on your own.
What is Hilton Singapore Now Called?
It's understandable if you end up confusing the Hilton Singapore Orchard, the largest Hilton hotel in Asia-Pacific, with what was once the Hilton Singapore. However, they are not the same hotel.
The latter was rebranded to the Voco Orchard Singapore in 2018 under the IHG Hotel and Resort Brand, while the Hilton Singapore Orchard we're looking at is what used to be the Mandarin Orchard.
Did Hilton Take Over Mandarin Orchard?
The Hilton Singapore Orchard was previously the hotel known as Mandarin Orchard, which went through a $150 million makeover before finally reopening in February 2022 under the new name and management.
The hotel retained its prime location at Orchard Road, which is also just half an hour's drive away from Changi Airport. Given its location and rebranding efforts, we see Hilton Singapore Orchard as the perfect accommodation for young families who are visiting Singapore for a relaxing shopping and dining experience.
How Much is the Breakfast Buffet at the Hilton Singapore Orchard?
Since prices can change without notice, we recommend visiting Estate's homepage for the restaurant's updated buffet dining options and prices. On a side note, Hilton Honors' Base & Silver members can get 10% off from standard rates, while Gold & Diamond members get up to 25% off.
During our stay, we were treated to a healthy mix of Asian cuisine for breakfast. We reckon the menu gets shuffled regularly, but to give you an idea, we enjoyed Chinese staples like dim sum, porridge and fried noodle as well as the classic Indian curry and roti.
Meanwhile, there was also a Western corner featuring regional favorites like hash browns, bacon and grilled tomatoes. If your kids tend to get a little picky, don't worry because Estate's kid's corner is open for breakfast to take care of the young ones!
Speaking of corners, there was also a nice juice station with assorted fruits and greens. Then, not too far is a dedicated veggie corner where we get our grilled vegetables.
One missed opportunity is the coffee. We felt limited by the machine-brewed or Estate's own blend of coffee or tea. And both variants are underwhelmed, not to mention cold. It's a pity because the ambiance was amazing, the food was good, variety was rich but the coffee left a lot to be desired. Simply put, it could be better, to add barista coffee blends to expand the menu.
What Time is Breakfast at the Hilton Singapore Orchard?
The Hilton Singapore Orchard's breakfast at Estate's buffet dining is from 6:30am - 10:30am. Meanwhile, Ginger.Lily serves breakfast from 8:00am to 10:30am.
Final Thoughts on the Hilton Singapore Orchard
The Hilton Singapore Orchard offers a great deal of comfort, convenience and flexibility to visiting families who are looking to shop and dine at Singapore's key shopping locations. The on-site amenities are not be scoffed at as well, the dining options, especially. Overall, we simply loved our stay and found no reason to not revisit the experience once we've come around!